Does your kid grumble about itchy and flaky scalp? Is your kid always scratching his head and ends peeling the white flakes out? Are you worried to see your kid’s hair fall at this very young age? You may be confused now with all the questions shooting around you.
Yes! Your kid might be at the risk of scalp dandruff. Numerous factors can leave your kids scalp itchy, but, it’s too hard to experiment with the products available in the supermarket shelves. Of course, it’s not an easy chore for us to control scalp problems without dermatologist assistance. So, book an appointment immediately and get your kids scalp checked to rule any serious medical condition. She can also suggest you with the proper treatment plan tailored according to your child needs.
Dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. But for many of us, it looks like a white flaky or powdery stuff that falls all around the neck and shoulders making us embarrassed to view the situation. Dandruff can cause redness, itchiness and irritation in your kids. The more your kid ends up in scratching and rubbing the scalp, the more dandruff gets aggravated. It drops like snow over the clothes. This pesky problem can drip your child’s confidence level. Hence, for maintaining a healthier hair; it’s always better to track your kid’s scalp.
Other than scalp, following are a few other places where you can see dandruff:
- Belly button
In case your kid’s dandruff problem persists for a longer duration of time, visit any paediatric dermatologist. She may suggest you with medication to lessen the symptoms. Save your money on prescriptions by ordering the medicines from any trusted online medicine store.
A number of factors can cause dandruff in kids. Here we have listed out a few causes behind the occurrence of dandruff:
- When your kid hits the teen years, there is a possibility for dandruff to develop. But it usually subsides after your child reaches the early twenties
- Dandruff visibility is high during the winter season
- Use of hair dye and hair care products can also leave the scalp with dry and flaky residues
- Dandruff can be caused due to stress, oily skin, etc.
- Improper hygiene could also be one main causes of dandruff in kids
- Sometimes over-shampooing can strip away all the natural oils from the scalp. This can cause the scalp to go dry and result in dandruff.
- Certain skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis can lead to dandruff in kids
Hair care tips for kids:
If you are looking for some hair care tips for your child to reduce dandruff, scroll down and read on!
- Wash your kid’s hair with a mild medicated shampoo regularly. DO NOT purchase any shampoo on your own. Consult a skin care specialist or a dermatologist who can recommend you with a good hair regimen and the best shampoo to use based on your child’s situation. Buy kid’s shampoo online at a lower price from the best online pharmacy in India.
- Shampoo your kid’s hair every day with a mild shampoo to reduce oiliness and to remove dead cells from building up
- Gently brush your kid’s hair before shampooing to remove dead flakes
- To fight dandruff, Oil your kid’s scalp regularly
- Make sure to rinse your child’s hair properly after shampooing to remove any traces of the shampoo that’s left out
- keep a separate comb and towel for your kid
- Provide your kid with a healthy, balanced diet. Supplement your kid’s diet with extra zinc to keep dandruff under control
- Make your kids stay well-hydrated either by drinking water or juice. Proper hydration can reduce dandruff to a greater extent.
It’s easy to fix dandruff in kids. Ensure proper hygiene and follow a well-balanced diet to keep your kid’s hair and scalp dandruff free!