You will only get there faster, but accompanied you will go further. Becoming a member of a Real Estate Association is highly recommended. In all countries, one or several real estate associations exist.
There are several because, sadly, the national or regional Association does not take care of the interests of its associates, especially those that are founded at the local or provincial level.
The ideal would be to have a National Association and a provincial or regional association that depends on the national one. The fact that there are two real estate associations in the same region does not help anyone because the message is being sent that the sector is at odds with itself.
A Real Estate Association is necessary for this profession, not only at the national level but strong associations at the provincial or regional level. It should not be an institution where every real estate agent must associate by obligation.
When the Real Estate Association in a Bureaucratic Body.
More than one Real Estate Association works only as a bureaucratic body that is fed by the fees of its associates and other activities that guarantee the salaries of its managers: training, market analysis, consultancies (for which extra is paid), and others that inflate the offers of the Association and allow its board of directors to have representation in the media and at an institutional level. That is power and pseudo prestige. It has happened in several Pakistani provinces where there have been four real estate associations, apart from the Association that brings together some real estate developers in the area.
This influence a bad image to the buyer. Interests shall not be defended before the public administration, which is a shame for the sector.
Other real estate associations work, on the other hand, as pressure groups before the administration to truly safeguard the professional interests of their associates and recommend to the administration the general lines of the real estate purchase and sale policy and control (this word is successful), the quality of service provided by its associates and real estate agents who are not.
A Real Estate Association with this philosophy (the vast majority) offers real estate agents the free option of joining or not. On the other hand, the Real Estate Associations have evolved and improved their services.
The Real Estate Association Can Be Your Best Friend.
That’s how it is. The Real Estate Association of your province or region may be the support you need to keep the “cowboys” in this sector at bay. You need consent to educate owners about the advantages of using a professional agent to sell their homes. Above all, a real estate association can become the body that controls real estate developers or developers.
Control the developers? Effectively. Those with experience in this sector know that most of the complaints and complaints and discontent in this sector occur in selling new or off-plan housing.
Surely the Association of Real Estate Developers, if there were one, would take care of their interests, but that does not mean that the real estate association does not do it either.
A Real Estate Association that does not let itself be influenced and pressured by the big promoters (be careful who sits on the Board of Directors) would avoid many problems for the agents and real estate agencies involved in the sale at a national and international level.
When the Real Estate Association can require real estate developers by law to meet their delivery dates and their quality report, the real estate sector will gain many points.
When the real estate association ensures that mortgage loans are not offered above 80% of the home’s value, it prevents many new owners from paying for their homes at a very high personal cost.
A Real Estate Association must have the capacity, the courage, and the responsibility to confront the banks, the large construction companies, and the press for the benefit of the sector and its associates.
Only a solid and prestigious Association can influence public administration when necessary. The improvement of the real estate sector depends more than anyone on real estate associations.
Associated real estate agents must find their Association’s support to improve the profession. Belonging to one can have significant advantages for your professional development.
Membership fees are usually annual and often return on the amount invested for many reasons.
A Real Estate Association is made by its Associates.
Just in case you are not a member of an Association, go online and find out which Association represents the interests of real estate agencies and professionals in the sector in your area.
Read its mission, its organization, the services it provides, who is who in the Association, its events, etc. I advise you to read everything on their website and if it convinces you, join.
You must associate and participate in your Association to improve your services, image, and influence.
If you join, you should participate and improve the Association by putting your “grain of sand,” and who knows, maybe you are the person that the Real Estate Association needs to face this new era of internet and paradigm shift in real estate sales and marketing.
Never associate yourself with belonging to a group of people who, in theory, share your same professional interests. You know, better alone than in bad company.
Join, participate, and pay your dues to recycle your knowledge, protect your interests, and meet other professionals who will bring different points of view and friendships.
Associate yourself to improve the real estate sector in your area so that companies (real estate agencies and developers) with little morality have their days numbered.
These are the main benefits of being a member of a Real Estate Association.
- Legal support. There are regulatory issues that are specific to your profession. When you have doubts of this nature, it is difficult for you to find information or advice. You can meet professionals in the same situation and problem-solving case studies as an associate. In addition, consultations can be done by being together, so costs are much cheaper.
- Definition of the real estate profession. We can not accelerate anything in the same manner. A series of tasks govern our profession, but defining precisely which ones is difficult.
- There are differences between regions and even between companies in the same area. An association often tries to unify the minimums that define the profession. Well-understood differences are an opportunity to see how things are done differently. This enriches your professional background.
- Good image. Adding to your resume that you belong to an association always gives it prestige. It is usually included in the profile as merit. Your recruiters or clients see in it a guarantee that you are up to date and well connected in your profession.
- Joint promotion. Professional associations organize events that promote the advancement and good image of the profession. Campaigns usually have a social impact that is very difficult to achieve individually.
- Update of knowledge. Meetings, workshops, and events are usually organized where you can update your knowledge and promote your continuous training. In addition, they are an excellent opportunity to contact other guild members. It is common for a bulletin or magazine to be published where the relevant news of the sector is given.
- Greater strength as a group. The defense of the interests of real estate agents is much more effective if done together. Power is gained to make proposals to administrative entities and achieve greater social visibility. It has a positive impact on the recognition of the profession and, therefore, on your praise.
- Exchange of resources. It is common for a forum to be set up where resources are exchanged. They can be of consultation or valuable tools for the profession’s performance. Discounts on purchases are also provided through agreements established by the Association with different suppliers.
The Unclear Purpose Real Estate Association.
Sadly, there are real estate or real estate associations with unclear purposes. This type of Association is usually located in the provinces or regions. They are the associations of real estate experts (to know what kind of experts) or the associations formed by several generally dissatisfied real estate agencies who want to change the world or do it in their image and likeness. They want to fight intrusion in the sector in the wrong way.
Beware of these associations that, with an office, some members, and a kind of Code of Ethics, claim to have a significant influence in the sector.
These gentlemen would better organize their real estate agencies and invest time in capturing and selling real estate rather than playing real estate policy.
If you are not a member of a Real Estate Association, take the step NOW! If you are not a member of the Association, try to participate more to improve it and take advantage of its services.
Do share this blog with your co-workers and leave us a comment. Are you a member of a Real Estate Association? What has been your experience? Your opinion interests us. Thanks.