The choice to go for a cosmetic surgery to enhance your beauty is a hard and well-thought decision. It takes years of saving and a strong determination to risk your body to a surgeon who promises to gift you a better facial or body feature. Your decision for a cosmetic surgery is your aspiration to have a better confidence in the future years to come and also a personal feel-good experience. So, don’t opt for an amateur cosmetic surgeon who gives you a better discount; instead interview your cosmetic surgeon on every possible field and then ground in on the best one. Here are some important points you should keep in mind to choose your cosmetic surgeon.
Your guide to choosing the right cosmetic surgeon:
1. Board certified cosmetic surgeon – There are many cosmetic surgeons available in the market who will be willing to do your surgery with guaranteed results at a much lower rate. You should completely rule out such people. Don’t risk your life. Instead, the first and the foremost point you should keep in mind is that if your cosmetic surgeon has a board certification from a recognised medical school.
2. Area of expertise – Different patients have different demands of beauty enhancement. Be it a rhinoplasty, a face lift or a breast augmentation surgery, your chosen cosmetic surgeon must have some successful experiences in such definite surgeries according to your requirements. It often happens that a surgeon who is an expert in face lift technique will agree to your requirement of a breast augmentation procedure, but avoid such types of doctors. Cosmetic surgery in different parts of the body differs according to its intricacy in techniques and the bone or tissue structure that lies underneath. Don’t take your body for granted. There’s much more to it than just plain beauty.
3. Aestheticism – It is important to find out if the surgeon’s aesthetic sense truly appeals to your choice and preference. How to determine that? Ask your surgeon to share before and after pictures of his previous surgeries, especially of the procedure that you have decided to go through. Consult few more surgeons and choose the one whose result appeals to you the most.
4. Behavioural aspects – Your decision to go under the knife to enhance your beauty and walking through the doors of the clinic in itself takes a lot of guts. Speak to a couple of cosmetic surgeons, tell them your requirements, your fears, your queries and observe how they reply to you. Ask yourself these few questions after you leave the clinic:
- Did the doctor make me feel comfortable?
- Was I intimidated to ask something even before I walked out the door?
- Was the staff helpful enough?
- Was the doctor bragging?
- Did the surgeon willingly walk me through the side-effects?
- Do I feel safe confiding in him about my lifestyle?
You be the best judge and observer, trust your instincts and choose the one best for you.
5. Customer service – A very important aspect that involves any form of surgery is definitely customer service. You would want to be treated and spoken to well. That is quite evident a few moments after you enter the cosmetic surgeon’s office. Options for a post-operative care, a brochure of surgery maybe (just to mentally prepare you for the surgical procedure, the after-effects and if you’re ready for it), the fees all-inclusive and answer to every queries.
6. Surgical facilities – Are you in safe hands? That is the most important concern when you are lying on the surgical table. Your safety lies with the anaesthetist and support of high-grade surgical facilities. Make sure that the operating room also contains a life support system.
These are some of the top points you must consider before choosing the cosmetic surgeon best for you. Never go for a surgeon who is forcing you to get the surgery done on the account of giving you heavy discounts, who is somewhat hesitant on post-operative responsibilities, performs a variety of cosmetic surgeries (not an area specialized one), or offers you multiple procedures at a discounted rate. Also, the internet facilitates you to check doctor ratings and reviews. Compare and choose! It is not wrong to enhance your beauty but never at the cost of your life.