Does your kid know internet usage like the back of his hand? Do you feel frustrated at times when you realize that your child knows more about gizmos than you do and you have no control over his or her usage? Well, you are not alone. You are among millions of parents of today’s day and age who are working couples and part of nuclear families. All said and done, children will not exercise control on their own. So, as much as parents might not know how to use the latest gizmos, parental control will have to be exercised.
However, to help this situation there are softwares with a helping hand called parental controls which have special features and can be included in digital television services, computer and video games, mobile phones and computer software. Parental control softwares can exercise control in four ways, namely:
- Content filters : Limiting access to age-appropriate content
- Usage controls: It constrains the usage of computers such as placing time-limits on usage or forbidding certain types of usage
- Computer usage management tools : Allows parents to enforce learning time into child computing time, and
- Monitoring: Track location and activity when using the device.
It’s up to parents to decide what degree and type of control they need to exercise over their children’s use of the computer and Internet. There are solutions available for just about every possible parental-control case as discussed below:
- For Kids: A virtual playpen lets them use the computer just like elders without any risk of damaging important files or encountering sordid websites. There are softwares which automatically adjust the level of Internet freedom as the child grows older. Softwares like Peanut Butter PC 3.0 are more of a do-it-yourself project, limiting a child’s access to programs and websites selected by the parent.
- Older children: For school going children, spending more time on computers is a normal phenomenon these days due to technology-based educational system. In such case, parents need to use traditional parental control systems to keep the kids away from accidentally or deliberately visiting inappropriate web content and also limit the time they can spend in front of the computer. Softwares like Norton, Net Nanny 6.5 etc. are quite good and includes innovative social networking and game management.
- Troublesome Teenagers: The above software solutions are based on assumptions that kids are basically good-natured and just need guidance to stay away from bad choices. If the teenager in question is uncontrolled, parents may need to apply stricter control. Softwares like Spector Pro 2009 and PC Pandora 6.0 reports each and every action of their child to them.
The best part is that parents can choose the level of privacy they want to provide their kids when they are on the computer despite exercising a whole lot of parental control with the software options available.
Furthermore, these softwares come at authentic, zero cost options. You can save money and give direction to your child’s internet habits by trying the free, high-quality parental control softwares available for download at www.givingfree.com. The website not only tests the authenticity, but also communicates with the providers before putting the games on the website.
Misleading languages or softwares with expiry limits are nonexistent on givingfree.com where one can quickly download a host of fully functional, genuine softwares and games free of cost. All software listed on free software website is tested by a team of software technologists for usage and updates prior to being made available on the websites.
Currently, givingfree.com has 334 genuinely free softwares enlisted under the various sections of business, security, communication, operating system & utilities and internet software. This apart, these are fully downloadable and tested versions of antivirus, antispyware and anti malware software on www.givingfree.com.